Whilst visiting my lovely friends up in Yorkshire last weekend, we visited the stunning Salts Mill in the beautiful village of Saltaire. Built in 1851, by Sir Titus Salt, the mill was one of the largest woollen mills in the UK. After closing in 1986 the mill was renovated and is now a fabulous place to visit if you fancy a mooch at lovely books, art materials, amazing interiors and some fab food. It also houses artworks by David Hockney and truly is a great day out.
I've been coveting the Darwin chair from Laura Ashley for a long, long time now! However, funds have not allowed me to make the purchase. A little piece of me also wanted to hold out for an original, hoping and praying that one would find me and not pull to hard on my purse strings!
And this week my longing was answered, from my favourite Bingley based antiques man! Now it was in a sorry state and took a lot of vacuuming and cleaning. A loose cover and velcro edges have been removed. But it still needs a full reupholster to bring it back to it's full glory...but I don't think she's bad at all, and especially not when I tell you it only cost be £20!!
I simply can't believe it's been four months since I last talked on my blog! I've been so super duper busy with work and personal commitments, that I'm afraid I haven't had time to talk. But I have so much to tell you including wedding plans, some fabulous dresses I've made mine and of course, some AMAZING junk shop finds!
So here we go...
My wedding is now only 7 weeks away!! Eeeek!! I can't share too much, as all will be revealed after the date, but so far I have;
* Booked the most amazing wedding photographer ever... http://www.stephenswain.com/
* Designed my own wedding dress based on a vintage piece I had and have so far had 8 fittings!!!
* Got my beautiful wedding shoes from the lovely Rachel Simpson
* Sent out all my invites and had the majority of my replies
* Chosen our wedding breakfast and ordered the cake
* Booked the band, who I think are going to bring the house down in a Rock and Roll/ Soul kind of way!
And all during this time, I've been scouring the charity and junk shops to find props and details for the big day. Whilst doing this I managed to find this gorgeous 1950s lace and tulle dress for a mere £9...